The Flakpanzer IV Ostwind was an anti-aircraft and self-propelled vehicle used by the Germans during World War II.
As the war progressed, the Germans lost preponderance in the air, where the Allied forces clearly outnumbered them, forcing the Wehrmacht to design mobile anti-aircraft vehicles to protect its troops. For this purpose they used the hull of the Panzer IV, on which they first mounted a 20 mm Flak 38 battery (Wirbelwind) and from 1944 a 37 mm Flak 43 cannon, more efficient and longer range (this vehicle was baptized with the name Ostwind).
The vehicle was mounted on an open-roofed hexagonal turret, sometimes also deployed for combat against ground targets to support infantry.
New from Italeri! (includes link-to-link injected plastic chains or option to use vinyl ones)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
1 in stock